Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Clean Up Continues

I write this while sitting on a naked ottoman (no slip cover) at the end of my bed because it it the only place with a surface that I can actually sit on. I thought they were kidding when they said 2 weeks, but apparently not. I have spent two nights in a hotel room with the dog while the cat went off to the vet for boarding. I stuffed the newt into a locked storage shed where he is doing fine while they fogged the place two nights running with some ozone stuff that is suppose to grab the nasty protein molecules and make then behave and not stink up the place. I wouldn't say it was a great success. But Nana was fabulous at the motel.

In the mean time, everything is being scrubbed down, washed down, and sealer being put on the cabinets. Now they have decided they need to paint the entire downstairs. Painting the ceilings throughout was already a given. To say everything is chaotic here is an understatement. Almost everything is packed away. I tried to make coffee, but no filters, packed. Cook something? No, pots are packed away. Which might be an act of self defense on their part given my past history with cooking on the stove. The next time I have an emergency, I am not going to be thinking 911, but STOVE, as in turn it off!

I can shower and I can crawl into my bed over and around the boxes they have jammed up against it in preparation for painting. I will say that you have to find beauty in small things. I received back a box of "rush clothes" that were cleaned. These few items will have to serve my needs until the rest of my clothes come back in 3 weeks. I pulled out a pair of white, cotton pj's . They were clean, pressed and wrapped in plastic. I put them on and just stood admiring how elegantly they were pressed, not a single wrinkle. There is something just wonderfully decadent about cotton pj's that are actually pressed rather than out of the dryer, wadded up and tossed into the drawer with the other sleepers. I felt like a movie star in some 1930 movie - where everything is impossibly perfect. Then I crawled between all the boxes and threw the only cover I had over me and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment