Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Will I take $500.00?

I have a timeshare.  Once upon a time, it was a good thing. Jon and I would bank the weeks and then trade them to travel to different places around the world.  But all things change and I no longer have the means to wander around to the far and unusual.  In addition, the expenses associated with timeshare ownership, trading, banking weeks, etc. have done nothing but gone up.  No longer is it a smart thing to own.  After paying the maintenance fees on my home base unit last December I decided I needed to get rid of it - even if I had to give it away.  I mentally grumbled about selling it for a buck - right up until I got an email asking if I would take $500.00 for it.  Amazing how greed just suddenly raises its ugly head.  Granted $500.00 is 499 more than I was mentally telling myself, but should I counter with $750.00?  Blech....maybe I could, maybe I couldn't.  I really don't know - I reminded myself that I was willing to get rid of it for a buck and wrote back.  So maybe I have a deal, maybe I don't - we are negotiating the details in emails.  I just might get lucky and get rid of it.  I am still trying to simplify my life and owning a timeshare is one of the things that is more trouble and expense then it is worth.  Unless you want to make me an offer, I would probably take $501.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment