Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Nature of Blogging

I have come to the conclusion that one can have a life or blog about having a life and the two are not the same. I have no clue where the time has gone since my last post (which certainly implies that I have a life and regular bloggers only think they do, and I'm not sure that is true - but......). I am also not compelled to write - which is another problem with blogging. I think one really has to be addicted to writing and I am not. This was somewhat reinforced last night watching Julia and Julie or Julie and Julia (whatever order it was in). I think there is a sort of narcissism present, a desire to be heard and think or get feedback that we are important to someone - even if it is a bunch of strangers that you have never met, which was certainly present in Julie and her blogging. And yes, I can relate to wanting to be heard or acknowledged and shall have to think about his some more and how it relates to my own selfcentered nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment